Re: About Glade

On Fri, 2004-01-02 at 13:33, Albert Mora wrote:
Hi, list!

I've read several times about the convenience of using Glade to design
a GNOME app's GUI, but I also read about not using the generated code.

I neither found an explanation of this behaviour not the proper
solution (I read something about using an XML file, but I don't know
how to do), specially using C++, which is the languaje I like most -so
I'd use.

You should use Glade to generate the XML file, and then in your
application use libglade to convert the XML file into the actual user
interface.  The C API documentation should help you:

 http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/libglade/libglade.html

There is also the libglademm project, which is a C++ wrapper for
libglade.  More info is available at:

  http://www.gtkmm.org/gtkmm2/docs/tutorial/html/ch19.html

There is lots of good info on using C++ with the GNOME libraries at the
gtkmm web site:

                http://www.gtkmm.org/

Keith.