Re: Detecting value change in GtkCombo

Keith Maika wrote:

Hello,

I'm making an application similar to WinSCP using GTK+-2.0 I have a tree view that will list all the files and directories in the working directory. The working directory is displayied in a toolbar above the tree view using GtkCombo widget. I'd like to be able to be able to change the working directory by either typing in another path in the entry of that combo, or select a parent directory from the drop-down list. I've got it working by typing in an entry, but I cant get it to let me select one. I've tried connecting the list inside the combo to the select-child and selection-changed signals and I'm able to get the selected value, but my application seg faults when I do that. I'm thinking the reason behind the seg-fault is because I change the drop-down list inside of the selection-changed handler, but I can't think of any other way to do this. I just recently tried the hide event but that doesn't even fire the signal handler function.

Does anyone have an suggestions on how to get notified when an item in a GtkCombo has been selected? If you need/want to see what I have so far, you can get the source code from my site at: http://kicken.mine.nu:8008/GtkSSH/

Thanks

Ok. I did manage to get something that seems to work ok by connecting to the button-release-event in the combo box's list. The program doesn't crash any longer, and it loads the newly selected directory fine. However it creates a message like this: (gtkssh:23611): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 5724 (gtk_widget_is_ancestor): assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed

It doesn't seem to hurt the program any, but it looks bad so I'd like to fix the problem if I can. Would anyone have any ideas? The source code can be found here: http://cvs.kicken.mine.nu:8008/cvsweb.cgi/gtkssh/

Thanks again,

--
Keith Maika
http://kicken.mine.nu:8008/  - Personal Site.