Re: Abend in gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file

On 26 Feb 2004, Iago Rubio wrote:

[snip]

There's a little error here. Two gchar* filename_local vars.

Sorry, that's a transcription error.  [sigh]

It really looks like you're passing a NULL or freed pointer anywhere.

Are you sure filename_local is not NULL when you pass it to
gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file () ?

Well, if I forcibly stop the program before the call to
gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file(-) and print out the file name, it prints
correctly, i.e., the name I entered in the file selection dialog.

When I get back to work tomorrow AM I'll use the debugger to actually
examine the contents of the location "filename_local" to see if it's NULL.
If it's not, I'll examine the string pointed to by filename_local.  Wish
I'd thought of that before I left for the day.

Tune in tomorrow for the next installment.

Bryan

* Bryan Brown      <*>              bbrown radix net
* http://www.radix.net/~bbrown