Re: Abend in gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, Viraj Chatterjee wrote:

You are doing a gtk_widget_destroy, just before the pixbuf_new call.
That isn't required since you've anyway connected the clicked event with
the destroy function in your mytest function.

Doh!  I still have quite a bit to learn, it seems!

This may not be the solution, but it's possible the crash is actually
happening when the destroyed widget is being destroyed again.

Well, I just now commented out the call to gtk_widget_destroy just before
the call to gdk_pixbuf_new_from_file(-) and tried it again, and the
segmentation fault occurred with the file selection dialog still showing.
[sigh]

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Bryan

* Bryan Brown      <*>              bbrown radix net
* http://www.radix.net/~bbrown