GtkTree odd and even rows

Hi,

I think this has been covered before, but my google searches failed to find an answer. I'm changing one of my apps to use a GtkTree instead of a table, and would like to have even and odd rows with different background colours, much like Evolution does. The style attribute, however, is marked as "Read" only in the API documentation, so, how does one change it? Modifying the current style?

Thanks in advance.
--
        Miguel Mendez <flynn energyhq es eu org>
        http://www.energyhq.es.eu.org