create directory window does not show on top

I am using a gnome_file_entry widget which provides for the capability
of creating new directories while in the browse window.  When I click
the Create Dir button, a new window would come up for me to enter the
directory name.  However, the same GUI running on another system has the
problem of the CreateDir window not coming up on top of the existing
windows and hence one would never see it immediately.  I was wondering
if this is a problem with the widget or the particular system set-up.
Any tip on this is appreciated.  Thanks.

Grace