Tooltips for widgets has no gdk window?

According to the document. No tooltip can be set for the widget has not GDK window.

But I can set tooltip for GtkButton and GtkButton has no GDK window, So I think we can do the same thing to the label. Make label show tooltips.

I just don’t want to packing a event box for the label. I already made a new class called labelex from gtklabel, I can change the background and set border for this labelex, Now I want to add tooltips.

Thanks.