Re: tutorial for a GTK newbie

On Tue, Feb 17, 2004 at 12:48:54PM +0530, Manish Chakravarty wrote:
hi pros,
i want to know what is the recommended way to start programming with GTK
i already have the Glade and the GTK tutorial with me
should i use the XML file and libglade or should i stick with glade?

It is recommended that you use the XML file and libglade. There is even
talk of dropping the code generation from Glade altogether.

That being said, I very much prefer to use Glade to sketch the UI, dump the
code and then rip out all the things I don't like. Works for me. :)

Roland
--
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in email