Emmit Custom Signals

Hi all,
I need you opinion on this problem:

I have a Timer function in the main.c of my app, that reads some dada from a text file at each second. I must update some widgets with this data, text boxes, progress bars, plot graphs, etc...

As I see I have two solutions:

1) leave timer on main.c, use global variables and emmit acustom signal to those widgets tha must be updated... so they can go read global variables to update them selves.

2) I can move the timer to the function that creates one of this widgets so it can auto-update that widget.

This last solution has a problem, I can only update ONE widget...

Any advices?!

Thanks in advance!!!

|    José Pedro S. Romão Machado    |
|       (DET/LEET - Nº15993)        |