About GtkToolItem

Hi,

I would like to know if there some plan exist to add widgets other than
buttons in GtkToolBar with the new API in gtk+-2.3.
I need various items such as a GtkComboBox in tool bars for GChemPaint.
I'll probably have to derive a new object from GtkToolItem to do that,
am I wrong?

Also, I used right clicking on buttons to open option boxed fo my the
tools. With the GtkToolButton object, using signals such as
"button-press-event" do not work. Why?

Best regards,
--
Jean BrÃfort <jean brefort ac-dijon fr>