Problem using gnome_about_new

Hello,

I'm porting a program I wrote using gtk 1.2 to 2.x (as found on RedHat 9),
and have a problem with my "About" menu item.  This uses the standard call
to gnome_about_new.  A bowlderized version of the relevant routine is:

=== begin code fragment ===

void
on_about_activate                     (GtkMenuItem     *menuitem,
                                       gpointer         user_data)
{
   const gchar *authors[] = {
      "Me",
      "You",
      NULL};
   const gchar *version = "1.5";

   gtk_widget_show (
      gnome_about_new(
         "MyProgram",
         version,
         "Copyright notice",
         (const gchar **) authors,
         _("Comments go here"),
         NULL)
   );
}

=== end code fragment ===

This appears to follow the standard format as described in the online
documentation about the routine gnome_about_new, but the compiler reports
the following errors:

=== begin error listing ===

callbacks.c: In function `on_about_activate':

callbacks.c:5917: warning: passing arg 4 of `gnome_about_new' from
incompatible pointer type

callbacks.c:5917: warning: passing arg 5 of `gnome_about_new' from
incompatible pointer type

callbacks.c:5917: too few arguments to function `gnome_about_new'
make[2]: *** [callbacks.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

=== end error listing ===

I've tried several things, including adding NULLs at the end of the
calling sequence until the compiler stops objecting about having too few
arguments, but then when run the app abends.

Any suggestions for ways to get this to work?

Thanks,

Bryan

* Bryan Brown      <*>              bbrown radix net
* http://www.radix.net/~bbrown