-----Original Message-----
From: gtk-app-devel-list-admin gnome org [mailto:gtk-app-devel-list-
admin gnome org] On Behalf Of Stuart Gilbert
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 5:59 PM
To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
Subject: Re: the source code editor---which one is better?

I think that you're misunderstanding these widgets.

Are you looking for a text editor for editing source code in or are
you
looking for a widget to include in a GUI?

GtkEditor and GtkSourceView are Gtk widgets, not text editors.

As for actual text editors, there are plenty ot choose from.
Personally
I use vim, but emacs is apparently pretty popular too.
If you want a graphical source code editor more along the lines of
Visual Studio or something then Anjuta may well be what you're looking
for.

Sorry if I've misunderstood you.

Regards,
         Stuart Gilbert.

Tom Liu wrote:
Hi:
I am looking for a source code editor. There are couple of them on
the
internet.
    GtkEditor.
    GtkSourceView.
Anybody know these editors and give me some suggestion which one I
should go with?

Thanks.

Tom.