Simple gtk1.2 drawing area and scrolled window problem

Hi all,

I am using wglade on windoes with gtk1.2.  I want to put a fixed size drawing
area into a scrolled window and let the scrolled window do all the scrolling
work automagically. When I resize the toplevel window, it just clips my
drawing area, and the scrolled window widgets remain full. I am not sure what
I am doing wrong.  My program is very big now, so I cannot include code
snippets as it is bloated and fragmented due to the way I have used glade
(very messy).Do I have to explicitly connect the signals or adjustments to
make this work? Or do I have to place the drawing area into something that
has a fixed size like a button or something?

Please help!

Thanks,
Kim