Re: best approach to fast display of images?
- From: John Cupitt <jcupitt gmail com>
- To: "F. Kater" <f kater2 gmx net>
- Cc: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: best approach to fast display of images?
- Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:22:54 +0000
Have you tried running gtk+-2.4.x/tests/testrgb? This benchmarks the
This is the fastest way to draw a buffer of pixels to the screen in
plain gdk. On my very modest machine I get about 30 Mpixels/sec, fast
enough to draw a 1,000 by 1,000 pixel image at 30 fps.
On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 00:20:20 +0100, F. Kater <f kater2 gmx net> wrote:
I have to quickly display an image which gets brighter and brighter,
then darker and darker (breathing effect). The image is grey and has no
alpha channel right now. Time consuming is not the recalculation of the
image's data but displaying it:
] [Thread Prev