Re: single column cursor in GtkTreeView

Hi Freddie,

Freddie Unpenstein wrote:
@Todd: thanks for the recommendation. It may be what we need.

@all: which component is drawing the cursor. I the CellRenderer doing
it?  If so, am I right believing I can solve my problem, but using an
own CellRenderer.

In the end I would like to highlight the current row and column by a
border (rectangle framing the row and column) and the cursor, with
'inverting' the cell (like currently the whole row is drawn).

This seems to be an awfully common question. Perhaps it's time GtkTreeView
implemented a "highlight single cell" option, and perhaps provided a secondary
highlight option that could quickly and easily add a secondary highlight to
selected cells (with quick commands to change an entire block of rows or columns).

I'm wondering because a while back I had a situation where I would have liked
to have had the highlighting on the particular cell that had been clicked on,
and a lesser highlight on the row. It wasn't a huge issue, but it would have
made life a lot easier.
Exactly the row/column hightlight could be none/shade/full and the
cell-hightligh would always be full.

In the meantime, would it be possible to either switch off highlighting
entirely, or "hide" the highlight (set the highlight style equal to the normal
style); and then fake the highlight using a background colour property? I'm not
sure how you'd go about picking which specific cell was clicked on, but it aught
to be possible. The hard part, I presume, though, would be making it look
consistant with regular selection highlighting.
I browsed over the API docs but found nowhere a 'highlight' property in the
widget hierarchy. It's a bit uncomfortable that gtk-doc now passes through
signals and property of parent classes (as an extra section).

Can anyone help?

Stefan
--
      \|/            Stefan Kost