Object properties.

Hi all,
    I've just been going over the properties API as I've never
really implemented that before and I'm sure I'm missing something.

Here is my conundrum:

   o All objects seem to override the G_OBJECT_CLASS(class)->set/get_property
     method.
   o No objects seem to chain this method up to the parent class.

So effectivly, this kind of code doesn't work:

/* Instantiate GTK_WINDOW with some properties */
GtkWindow *window =
    (GtkWindow *)g_object_new(GTK_TYPE_WINDOW,
                              "window-position", GTK_WIN_POS_CENTER,
                              NULL);
/* Set window size */
g_object_set(G_OBJECT(window),
             "width-request", 800,
             "height-request", 600,
             NULL);

Or does it ? Is there some mechanism that is delagating the property
accesses to the appropriate get/set_property() methods ?

Hmmm, I think I just answered my question, but if anyone is certain
about this, I'd like to hear your input.

Cheers,
                                       -Tristan