Re: How To Redirect STDERR to /dev/null programmatically

When you run the binary on a shell, type:

$binary 2>/dev/null.

If you are creating a new process, then you will need use fork, pipe and dup2.

[]'s

Claudio

Harsha Kodnad wrote:

Anybody please tell me how to direct my application's STDERR
to /dev/null programmatically. in a C program.

I want to inhibit all warnings or errors generated by my
application or shared libraries I am using by doing this at
my program initialization.

Well, the Right Thing is to fix the warnings instead.
GTK+/Glib don't fire them for no reason.

Paul