strangely plentiful linking warnings

I realize that I may be the only one working on a Mac here but I'm gonna post this anyway. Maybe I'll get lucky--maybe there are other mac users lurking here.

I'm compiling some sofware in Xcode that uses GTK libraries, and runs in the X11 terminal. Everything compiles fine, but I get some warnings in the linking stage (more on the warnings later). The application runs, and apparently without issue, but in my (quite limited) experience that most warnings come back to bite you in the posterior after you've gotten much deeper in.

It's interesting to note that I've got a PowerBook and a desktop G4, and when I compile on the powerbook, I get about 18 of these warnings, and when I compile the same thing on the desktop, I get 187 of them. The only explanation I can think of is that I downloaded the GTK libraries at separate times using fink, so perhaps I have a slightly different version of one of the multitude of libraries (though I thought fink would take care of that). I guess another possibility is that I have some preference set differently on the desktop version of Xcode, but I really don't know what it would be, because I never mess with preferences of Xcode. I just set it up once long ago and never mess with it. And any preferences set in the project would carry over, because I copied the entire project from the laptop to the desktop.

Now, about those warnings... They all have the same gist, and all 187 of 'em start with "warning prebinding disabled because..."
Here are a few examples:
ld: warning prebinding disabled because (__TEXT segment (address = 0x0 size = 0x27000) of /sw/lib/libpangoxft-1.0.0.dylib overlaps with __LINKEDIT segment (address = 0x1b000 size = 0x8000) of /sw/lib/libatk-1.0.0.dylib ld: warning prebinding disabled because (__DATA segment (address = 0x27000 size = 0x1000) of /sw/lib/libpangoxft-1.0.0.dylib overlaps with __TEXT segment (address = 0x0 size = 0x6f000) of /sw/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.0.dylib ld: warning prebinding disabled because (__LINKEDIT segment (address = 0x28000 size = 0xa000) of /sw/lib/libpangoxft-1.0.0.dylib overlaps with __TEXT segment (address = 0x0 size = 0x6f000) of /sw/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.0.dylib

I'm new at this, so I don't really understand what's going on during the linking phase. It's running, so it's obviously linking (at runtime?), but like I said, 187 of these errors/warnings is a lot to just ignore.

Also, since it says there's an address conflict with all these libraries, so I'm surprised it doesn't just error out and dump, either when linking or running. I haven't gotten very far into the program yet--still learning how to set up the UI, so I'm afraid I'll hit one of these overlaps later on, like when I'm 99% finished, and then will have to go back and make major revisions.

That's my story.  So, any suggestions?
Thanks for your help,
Brian