Re: NOTE: Compiling my 1st GTK+ program

Thaks John!
It did the trik!
I now know that everything is OK with GTK+, the test program, and the other libraries. However, for
development purposes, I NEED to get Makefile to compile this program.
Please do, have a look at my Makefile and see what I am doing wrong.

Again, thanks so much John, if it wasn't for you I would still be thinking that GTK+ was the problem. {:)
John Cupitt <jcupitt gmail com> wrote:

Hi, if it's any help, I don't usually bother with makefiles for small
programs. If you have a single source file that just does a little
GTK, you can compile and link in one line:

gcc hello.c `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags --libs`

This will compile hello.c (maybe it pops up a window saying "hello",
something simple like that) and link it to make the executable
"a.out". Run the compiled code with

 ./a.out

(I guess it might be a.out.exe on cygwin? not sure)

Once you can successfully compile and link, then try a Makefile.

John