Simple ComboBoxEntry question

Hi,

I am new to coding with the GTK+ toolkit.  I am fairly fluent in both C
and C++.  I am developing a run dialog box, similar to grun, but I want
to add some things into it, and also learn GTK.  I am using Glade-2 for
the UI and gtk-2.4.0

As a starting point, when I click the OK button, I want "foo" to be
added to a GtkComboBoxEntry.  This is the code that I have written to do
so:

void on_btn_ok_clicked (GtkButton *button, gpointer user_data) { // {{{
   GtkWidget *cmdCombo = lookup_widget(GTK_WIDGET(button),
"cmb_cmdLine");
   gtk_combo_box_append_text (GTK_COMBO_BOX (cmdCombo), "foobar");
} // }}}

When I run the program, and I get this line thrown at me:
(orun:46734): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktreemodel.c: line 998
(gtk_tree_model_get_iter_first): assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_MODEL
(tree_model)' failed

and when I click on "OK", I get the following:
(orun:46734): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkcombobox.c: line 3299
(gtk_combo_box_append_text): assertion `GTK_IS_LIST_STORE
(combo_box->priv->model)' failed

From the glade build, the only file I have modified is callbacks.c

Please could someone tell me what these error messages mean.  The system
I am using is FreeBSD-5.2.1-RELEASE-p9, with Xorg, and my window manager
is fluxbox.

--
/~\ The ASCII           ASCII stupid question, get a EBCDIC ANSI.
\ / Ribbon Campaign     John Oxley