Re: gtk+ installation problems

David Levner wrote:
Hi everyone,

I want to port/rewrite an old DOS application I wrote
to Linux using gtk+. I bought a Lindows machine and am
having so much trouble getting gtk+ installed properly
that I think my purchase may have been a mistake. (I
have Lindows 4.0 which is a Debian version of Linux.)

Here are some examples of the troubles I am having:

I installed gtk and glib 2.0 and various other
packages with the Debian package manager dpkg. But
none of the sample gtk+ programs compiled because the
Makefile uses pkg-config and there are no .pc files
anywhere to be found.

install the -dev versions of the libraries which
have the .pc files.