Re: gtk + html + sound + tcp

todd:

There are many different approaches for displaying html content in a
gtk+ application.

[...]

You can also
try gtkhtml.

I need lightweight html only so this seems to be the right thing,
thanks!

* What's the way to play sounds?

Gstreamer maybe?  Depends on what you want though.

Hm. Gstreamer seems to be a big thing. I have to play audio files
(speech) from time to time when buttons are clicked etc. Is there a lean
alternative? If not I'll try Gstreamer.

* Is there some basic function to send and receive data over tcp?

I use libcurl (http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/) but there is also the
gnet library (http://www.gnetlibrary.org/)

I looked up the documentation of gnet. Which seems to be the right thing
for me!

Thanks again!
 Felix