GtkComboBox popup

I'm currently handling all the keystroke events that come to my application (using key_press_event and key_release_event) and have 'hotkeyed' a GtkComboBox so that when the user presses F2 the combo box will expand it's popup window. I would also like the user to be able to press F2 to close the popup (if it is already open) but the popup seems to take complete control over the keyboard so my application no-longer processes any keyboard events. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Erich Hoover
ehoover mines edu <mailto:ehoover mines edu>