Re: Two GtkTooltips questions...

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 18:43, Freddie Unpenstein wrote:
Firstly, does anyone know when GtkTooltips is supposed to start supporting marked up text?  I added a patch
to my own version of the widget that checks for a leading <markup> at the start of the text, and takes it
from there.  But my version is probably a little behind the "official" GtkTooltips widget by now.

Not sure if there are any future plans, but currently it is not
supported.  Gtk 2.5.x might have plans for it?

Secondly, I've got a tooltip that I need to update on a per-second basis, and is fairly involved to do so.
I'm wondering if anyone knows of a good way to make it update only while the tooltip is visible.

I just noticed that Gnome System Monitor does this (the applet at
least).  Check out the code, it might help you.

--
Regards,
Martyn