Re: Place an widget or image on top of an image!?

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 02:17, JOSE PEDRO SERGIO ROMAO MACHADO wrote:
I there!

I need to do some software that represents an Controling
System of a House.

I have to put an top side image of the house an some leds
on each division, like green the room is empty, red room
is not empty...

My problem is that, unlyke QT, GTK+ doesn't seem to have
the Z coordinate.. that sets the deep of an widget.. so
you can place widget on top of each other...

Any sugestions???

You might want to look at one of the canvas widgets, eg gnomecanvas, I
think they will allow you to do this.

For gnomecanvas look at:

  http://developer.gnome.org/doc/books/WGA/gnome-canvas.html

It covers version 1.x, but it is generally applicable to 2.x as well.

Keith.