Cygwin

Aldrey writes:
I am having problems when compiling a applicatory one in cygwin.
When use ' -mno-cygwin ', it says me that it does not find '
sys/socket.h '.  I place one ' -I/usr/include '

You should make up your mind whether you are attempting to build the
application for Cygwin or Win32. They are not compatible. You can't
use -mno-cygwin and still use Cygwin's headers from /usr/include. If
you want to build for Win32 (-mno-cygwin), you can't use
<sys/socket.h>, but should use <winsock.h>, plus do all the changes
that means to the source code.

Is there any reason to believe the application in question will work
on Cygwin, or Windows? Has anybody else succeeded in building it on
Windows? It might be quite hard, you know, to port some random Unix
application to Windows.

Anyway, your question doesn't seem to have anything to do with GTK?

--tml