Re: forcing immediate redraw on widget

Hi again!

Some more information:

I wrote a little testing program in C to narrow the error area. It shows
the following behaviour:

- If the bg color in the GtkRcStyle is only changed and assigned,
nothing happens
- if a resizing of the window is involved, the color is shown
immediately
- minimizing and restoring shows color change immediately, too

Summarizing I have to do a resize request on the window to get the
desired effect. In my opinion this is at least a design flaw.

My next goal is to do a request with no size change and, if it does not
do anything, do to request with a minimal change and hope i get no
flickering. The window must stay in it's original size filling up the
complete 640x480  screen.

Marc