Re: window survives gtk_widget_destroy(GTK_WIDGET(window));

Stefan Kost wrote:

many thanks for the reply. I found a solution. I am bound to finishing
the event-loop earlier. Therefore now I do

gtk_widget_destroy(GTK_WIDGET(window));
if(!gtk_main_level()) {
  while(gtk_events_pending()) gtk_main_iteration_do(FALSE);
}

I tend to ask why you're bound to finishing the event loop earlier?

I also tend to suggest not to finish the main loop at all if you're
going for lengthy calculations afterwards, as you mentioned earlier. How
about visualizing progress and offering the user a choice to abort,
adjust or restart the process?