Re: Combine GTK+ binding

Akbar wrote:
On Thu, 2004-04-22 at 20:41, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:

Akbar wrote:

Hey, I love gtkmm ( C++ binding ). My friend loves pygtk ( python
binding ). My girl friend lovse gtk# ( C# binding ). Is it possible for
us to work together to make a project????

What is a project ?

I mean can we make a program although we use different bindings for
GTK+? So the program is written in C++, python, C#. I want to make a
program but all I know is gtkmm but I have a friend that can use pygtk.
So is it possible for us to work together? All I know is you can embed
python in C and vice versa but embed pygtk in gtkmm source or embed
gtkmm in pygtk source?????? Could it be???

I think your best bet it "No".

*BUT*
    You could do something like a main python script which
creates you main UI and envokes your C++ & C# programs.

It would be three different programs but "one project"
(ofcource this aproach is very context specific).

Cheers,
                               -Tristan

PS:
    Note that I'm loathe to say that it is "not possible"
but I doubt that you mean to spend the majority of your
development cycle patching the linkers and compilers.