I wanna override the default signals in the GtkMenuShell.

Hi everybody,

I'm implementing a heuristic application menu, just like in windows. I have done all the necessary coding except one. The downarrow needed at the end of the submenu, by clicking on which I can show the full submenu. (like in windows). Whenever I try to catch the signal from that menu item, the menu is deactivated, as activate signal is caught by the gtk_menu_shell.

Is there any way so that I can override the gtkmenushell code which forces the quit of the gtk_menu whenever activate signal is emitted.

I Tried subclassing the menu and to add a button at the end, by packing them in a vbox and casting it back to a menu. It didn't work coz if its not a stock menu, its discarded by the gtk menu shell, and if its a stock menu, the activate signal cannot be overridden from the shell. Can somebody help me.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Do you Yahoo!?