Re: Set the background color in GTK1

Chris Seaton wrote:
Kevin DeKorte wrote:

I have an application that I am working on that I need to set a GtkWidow's background color. I have been able to do this in GTK2 pretty easily, but how do I change in GTK1? I'm writing my app to work in both GTK1 and GTK2 because it is a mozilla plugin and mozilla ships in both flavors.

I can't help you, but I'm interested in why people are so interested in setting the background colour of widgets. It's always coming up! What's going on out there that people need to set the colour of their widgets to something other than what the user wants?

I have functions to fill gtktables with database data, and the font size,
weight, foreground, and background colours are more configurable than
just getting values from a gtkrc file. I also made a cad program that
has a dialog for changing the colours of the background grid and various
other drawing objects.