Key snooper function runs keypress twice

I'm having a behavior from my keysnooper function
(tying a callback function to a Function Key press)
where it's invoking the callback function twice for
each keypress.

After the switch statement in my snooper function, it
returns FALSE, which I understand to mean don't pass
the keypress through to gtk for processing,
effectively discarding the keypress.  Is there a way
to brute-force remove the key event from the event
queue, or something else I should be doing in my key
snooper function?

Thanks,
william