Re: glib compilation problem on windows

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tor Lillqvist" <tml iki fi>
To: "chatiman" <chatiman free fr>
Cc: <gtk-app-devel-list gnome org>
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004 10:43 PM
Subject: Re: glib compilation problem on windows

chatiman writes:
Do you intend to compile GLib for Cygwin or for Win32? If for Cygwin,
note that building it for Cygwin hasn't really been tested in 2.2.3,
and presumably was broken. If for Win32, you should use the
-mno-cygwin flag.

I'm tryng to compile it for win32. I found a link to this package on :
http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html
so I supposed that it was already configured for it.

Do I need to edit all the makefiles to add the -mno-cygwin flag ?

There is a bunch of bugs in Bugzilla that concern GLib 2.4.0 on
Cygwin. See bugs #138401, #138402, #138405, #138412, and
#138423. Fixes have been applied in CVS.

 > gcc: unrecognized option `-pthreads'

One of the fixes for the bug reports mentioned above disables thread
support completely for Cygwin, as threads are said not to work
reliably on Cygwin.

 > I have use the --enable-static option with configure.

Why?

I want to build standalone win32 application like gimp, xchat, ...
This may not be the right way to do it.

The problem is that the programs works under cygwin but
can't find the libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll for example under
win32.

Building a static binary will probably prevent this error

--tml