stock items: how this stuff works ?

Hello,

I am trying to make a small program which can use images like stock icons
in gtk. I have implemented some functions to handle icons, but i am not
satisfied with them. My main purpose is to retrieve the path and the
name of the image file.

So i looked at the gtk source code. I think that there is two files that
are important : gtkimage.h/c and gtkstock.h/c. But i can't find where you
retrieve the path and the name of the icon (in the
gtk_image_new_from_stock for example)

Could you explain me how it works ?

Thank you !

Vincent TORRI