Using signals for native C types

Hi, everyone!

Is it possible to use GObject's signals to monitor values of native C
types (e.g. int, double, char *, ...)? I have a global parameter table
with parameter names and their corresponding values, which can be of any C
type. Now I want to emit the signal whenever these values are changed and
this signal should then update the GUI - in my program the GUI is wrapped
around the scripting language and that's why I want to catch changes that
don't come from the GUI.

Thanks,

Andrej