Re: How to repair "assertion `height >= -1' failed"?

Gus Koppel wrote:

"Rikke D. Giles" wrote:

This has been discussed on the glade users list.  You can go through
your *.glade file and search for -2 (I think it was, been a while) and
 change to -1.  Or you can update glade, version 2.0.0 and higher
doesn't have this bug; it's in 1.1.3, if I remember correctly.

However, it's Glade 2.0.0 which produces the bugs here and it doesn't
seem to be a "-2" since there aren't any occurances of that in my .glade
file. Actually the DOCTYPE tag at the beginning of the file is the only
line containing a "negative" number ("...glade-2.0.dtd") in the entire
file.

Now I got it. My .glade file is okay but the interface.c is contaminated
by lots of "-2" in calls to gtk_widget_set_size_request (), which should
really be "-1". Unfortunately, even if I manually correct my interface.c
Glade 2.0.0 completely overwrites it with those wrong numbers at next
build time. So it's definitely a Glade bug which isn't fixed in 2.0.0.

It also explains another problem I had: some widgets with given minimum
sizes not seeming to respect them. I thought this was a GTK bug as well.