RE: gtktreeview with expanded row

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 martyn 2 russell bt com wrote:

The first is to not have another row for the description and make the
description part of the user row (just CR it to make it appear on the line
below).
but I want the description to be scaled to 0.7 of others rows.

The second is to just make is a child of the "user" row and simply catch the
"row-expanded" or "row-collapsed" signal for the GtkTreeView for the parent
(the user row) and automatically expand the description row.  The problem
is, I dont think there is a way to hide the expander arrow - atleast not
easily with the current API.
hm, I don't want the arrow, if it will not be used. so I will create
another row for each user in the same parent.

To make a row unselectable you might have to intercept the appropriate
signal for the GtkTreeModel when items are selected.  You should be able to
do this and return TRUE or FALSE based on if you want the row to be
selectable.
I have a callback to GtkTreeSelection of this treeview, but which is of
type
void
on_treeview_select_row(GtkTreeSelection *selection,
                        gpointer user_data)

so, what to do now, if the type of return is void ?

greetings
hs