re: newbie question:about

Hello, can anyone please help me? I am trying to get
an user input via the text entry box by clicking on a
button
in the application. So once they enter into the text
entry and press the button, I will then collect the
data with some callback function. I really don't know
how to connect the button to the entry so it would
catch the text entry's "clicked" signal and then call
the callback function.

1) Connect your button to some callback like this static_ok,
then in the callback retrieve the entry contents:

2) you can connect your entry to the "changed" signal,
which is activated always the entry contents changes.

3) You should study the excelent examples that come with GTK.
Carlos

static void static_ok (GtkWidget *widget, gpointer data)
{
gamgi_window *window = GAMGI_CAST_WINDOW data;
GtkWidget *dialog = window->dialog0;
GtkWidget *entry;
char *name;

entry = (GtkWidget *) gtk_object_get_data (GTK_OBJECT (dialog), "my_entry");
name = gtk_entry_get_text (GTK_ENTRY (entry));

printf ("%s\n", name);
}
gtk_signal_connect (GTK_OBJECT (entry), "changed",
GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (static_changed), window);