RE: GTK+ and MinGw..............

Hi Tor,

Sorry. I posted my previous mail, before i received your reply. I was using command.com. Thats why compilation failed. Now i installed MSYS and compiled and exectued the program using gcc. It is working as it is expected. ( gcc -c hello.c `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags`).

Still the error message "The procedure entry point g_get_application_name could not be located in the dynamic link library libglib-2.0-0.dll" appears When i run the hello.exe.

All dll files are stored in the location "c:\program files\common files\gtk\2.0\lib" and it is included in the PATH variable.

   How to over come this problem?

Suresh.

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 Tor Lillqvist wrote :
Suresh  Kumar writes:
> In my system pkg-config is reside in c:\gtk\bin. The PATH
 > variable contains this directory in its list.

 >    Still when i compile the program using
 >      gcc -c hello.c `pkg-config gtk+-2.0 --cflags`
 >    iam getting the same error "pkg-config: No such file or
 > directory".

You still didn't tell us what shell (command interpreter) you are using. Are you typing this to a Unix-style shell or not? Are you sure
the same PATH variable is valid in this shell?

 > But when i run pkg-config on its own in command prompt,

You mean to cmd.exe (or command.com)? Are you sure you have the same PATH value in Command Prompt and in the Unix-style shell where you
invoke gcc?

 > Problem comes
 > when we make pkg-config as an argument to gcc.

No. pkg-config isn't supposed to be an argument to gcc. Do you see those backquotes (the ` "quotes" or "accents") in the command line? In Unix-style shells, they mean that the stuff between backquotes is run as a command by itself, and the *output* of that command is then
pasted in instead.

If you don't have a Unix-style shell (which I tend to believe),
backquotes won't work.

--tml

Catering meets Camera; Tanya Weds Sahil.
Rediff Matchmaker strikes another interesting match
Visit http://matchmaker.rediff.com?1