Re: Keeping window on top.

Yes, I noticed that the modal window got all the "attention". The
transiente call does exactly what I need. Thanks

Marco Quezada
Aerospaceo Engineero
NLX Corporation
22626 Sally Ride Dr.
Sterling, VA, 20164
703-234-2100  ext. 1028

                    Gus Koppel

                    <gtk spamkiller bytechas       To:     gtk-app-devel-list gnome org

                    e.cx>                          cc:

                    Sent by:                       Subject:     Re: Keeping window on top.

                    gtk-app-devel-list-admin

                    @gnome.org

                    10/31/2003 04:54 AM

<martyn 2 russell bt com> wrote:

I have a drawing tool with a floating menu (similar layout to
the gimp).
The drawing area must occupy the entire screen so I need to
have the menu
on top of the drawing window at all times. Will the "modal"
attribute help?
It seems like this would also capture all the focus.

Modal will do the job, if you don't want it to be modal and just want
it to be on top of a particular window, use
gtk_window_set_transient_for() seen here:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gtk/GtkWindow.html#gtk-window-set-transient-for

Keep in mind that you can't actually draw in the drawing area while your
floating menu is visible if it's modal. (That's what modal windows are
designed for.) Therefore you should avoid modal windows for your case.
Rather use gtk_window_set_transient_for () indeed.