RE: GtkSheet works on Gtk2.2 ?

El lun, 27-10-2003 a las 16:28, Murray Cumming Comneon com escribió:
From: gtk-app-devel-list-admin gnome org
[mailto:gtk-app-devel-list-admin gnome org] On Behalf Of Tom Liu
GtkSheet is a very good widget,

It's a bizarre widget, and GtkTreeView probably does what you need.

I also need a sheet like widget and I have adapted a GtkTreeView to do
almost what I want. But there is a feature I can't make it work. In a
sheet widget like the one Gnumeric/Excel/Access uses the user can freely
move through the cells pretty fast. In an editable GtkTreeView the user
need to press enter to make a cell editable, then edit it, then press
enter (or tab or an arrow key) again, and then move to the next cell. If
he/she need to enter a lot of information I think the GtkTreeView is not
a solution. In Gnumeric, in the other way, a user edits the information
directly because all the cells are in 'editable' mode by default and
then if he/she press tab/up arrow/down arrow he/she moves to another
cell, which can be edited right now.

I guess the problem is in the design of the GtkCellRenderer or the
GtkCellEditable interface because once a cell enters in editable mode
the owner of that cell (the GtkTreeView in this case) can't access the
key that the user pressed to focus out the cell and thus, leave the
editable mode. That's why the GtkTreeView doesn't know where to go when
the user press tab after editing a cell, it just know that the cell is
not in the editable state anymore.

Lorenzo Gil Sanchez