RE: drawing widget borders

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 09:49, martyn 2 russell bt com wrote:
This won't work - HBoxes, VBoxes, Tables don't have backgrounds, or
even expose handlers.

Owen's right, I had this problem once, I used an eventbox to draw a background colour.  You could use this
and have a widget on top of it which is a few pixels smaller, hence giving the impression there is a border
of the background colour you set up.

How does glade do this?  Glade draws boxes around every widget.  Of
course they probably use a special container widget, or do some kind of
hack.

Regards,
Martyn