Re: drawing widget borders

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 04:46, Gus Koppel wrote:
Philippe Laporte wrote:

    Is there some kind of debugging option in Gtk so that all widgets
will draw their borders in special colors so we can see the spacign
arrangement?

I don't think so. However, maybe you can try to achieve a similar effect
by creating a special "debugging" theme for GTK? For instance, colouring
all HBoxes, VBoxes and Tables in a flamboyant red or green should
provide you with good ideas about which area is occupied by the layout
container and which is by the actual widgets.

This won't work - HBoxes, VBoxes, Tables don't have backgrounds, or
even expose handlers.

Regards,
                                                Owen