RE: GTK event loop

i want to use gtk+ in my application to provide the gui elements and
internationalized text - from what i've seen and played with it
looks very good.  The major issue issue i left is that my
application is a window manager so it's mostly sitting in a loop
responding to events the gtk documentation i've read indicates that
i must call gtk_main(); to enter the GTK event loop and this call
blocks until the application is terminated.

i'm sure many others have come across this before - what's the best
way to resolve it ?

Use it.  That's what it's there for.

The GTK main loop does just about everything you need it to.  Monitoring I/O streams, timeouts, idlers, and
just about anything else you can conceive of.

It takes a bit of a mind shift, but check it out.  Sources are what you want for anything that doesn't "fit
the mould".

Fredderic

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com