GTK event loop

<myfirstpost>

i want to use gtk+ in my application to provide the gui elements and internationalized text -
from what i've seen and played with it looks very good.

the major issue issue i left is that my application is a window manager so it's mostly sitting
in a loop responding to events - the gtk documentation i've read indicates that i must call
gtk_main (); to enter the GTK event loop and this call blocks until the application is
terminated.

i'm sure many others have come across this before - what's the best way to resolve it ?

thanks.

/cal

</myfirstpost> :)