Re: plot Widget (like a Matlab plot window)

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003, Matias Freytes wrote:

      I'm trying to plot numerical results. I need something
like a Matlab plot window. I've tried GtkCurve but it is rather
limited. Is there any better solution for this? Documentation or
code examples in C/C++ are welcome.

There isn't a standard data plotting widget in gtk.  The main options
are:

* Try the gtkplot widget in gtkextra (sourceforge): quite nice but
doesn't seem to be currently maintained.

* Take a look at ploticus (also sf).

* Spawn gnuplot -- or (my solution) use gnuplot to generate a PNG file
which you then show in a GTK window.

* Something else I haven't thought of.

Allin Cottrell