RE: Cleaning up text from a GtkEntry

I've got a GtkEntry showing some text after a button
being pressed. How can I remove that text from
GtkEntry after x (configurable) seconds?

Set up a timeout:

        static gboolean timeout_cb(gpointer user_data);
        static void entry_delete_text();

        static entry_delete_text()
        {
                gint timeout_id = 0;

                /* 5000 ms, NULL is the user data */
                timeout_id = g_timeout_add(5000, timeout_cb, NULL);

                /* can use the timeout id to remove it later if you want */
        }

        static gboolean timeout_cb(gpointer user_data)
        {
                gtk_entry_set_text(GTK_ENTRY(myentry), "");

                /* return TRUE to continue timeout repeatedly */
                return FALSE;
        }

Either use:
        gtk_entry_set_text(GTK_ENTRY(myentry), "");
or
        gtk_editable_delete_chars(GTK_EDITABLE(myentry), 0, -1);

Regards,
Martyn