Re: Tearing off a window, reparenting?

On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 06:28, Dave Andruczyk wrote:
I'm looking for a way to basically tear off a tab(or multiple tabs) of a
gtk-notebook and display it( the torn off tab) in its own window.  Being able
to rejoin this "island" window back to the notebook is necessary as well. The
idea behind this is so that users of my app can effectively have multiple tabs
open and fully viewable (by dragging them to free space on screen).

My app has grown to the point where the widgets/controls need to be spread out
among the tabs, (organized functionally), and putting all the needed widgets
onto one tab would make the app's necessary screen size too large.  By allowing
my users to tear off the tabs and reposition them their own way. (overlapping,
or whatever) all the necessary info can be viewed.

Is this even possible with gtk+-2.x ?

Gaim does this. You can reorder your tabs, you can tear them off, and
the teared off "pages" can be rejoined to the notebook.

(Enable tabbed conversation windows ...). I think gaim's code would
be a fantastic guide ...

Steven

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk