Migrating from GTK-1.2 to GTK-2

Logged on as Ilyak(Online)

Hi all. I am now trying to develop really small project for my
university, with GTK+
I am now trying to switch to GTK+-2 from 1.2. I have faced problem:
==
  gtk_signal_connect_after (GTK_OBJECT (startXEntry), "key_press_event",
                      GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (on_CoordEntry_key_press_event),
                      NULL);
==
This simply does not work. Function does not get called as I press
keys. It did with GTK+-1.2. What should i do? I use it just to filter
input to make this field look like %lf... Is there another ways?

And, font in gtk2 apps is smaller than in gtk1.2. Is this a feature? Is
this changeable? Or i just have to make some passes at gtkrc?

Can i change header in message_dialog from Info, Error, etc to smth,
or it is hardcoded?..

Not logged on. Reconnecting..........