GtkFileSelection can't set the filter?

For example: I just want to select the *.cpp  file.   I can’t set these filter?

Also. The Gtkfilesel.c has almost 4000 lines. It is huge!

And I did see the Gtkextra has a nice file selection dialog which only 750 lines. Which has a directory tree at left and the right part is a iconed file list.

Should we conside the Gtkextra file selection dialog? Because gtk2.4 will have another new fileselection dialog. How it’s looks?